CANTON, Miss. (WJTV) – United Way of the Capital Area has partnered with Foot Print Farms and Mississippi Public Broadcasting (MPB) on a 2nd United Way of the Capital Area and MS Public Broadcasting Food/Literacy Distribution to provide fresh fruit and vegetables as well children’s books.
The distribution for the items is set for Thursday, December 17, at 10 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. or until all items have distributed. The location is the Jimmie M Goodloe Elementary School/ Huey L Porter Middle School, 551 Finney Road, Canton MS 39046.
Recipients of the distribution will be asked to remain in their vehicles while items are being placed inside the trunks or on the back seat of their cars.
This distribution will be on a first come first serve basis.
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- 12 News Investigates: Are gun shows contributing to culture of violence?
- Jackson mother describes experience of not having water for weeks
- New Yorkers split if Governor Cuomo’s apology was sincere