JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The City of Jackson was granted an official exhibitor license for the Jackson Zoo from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
City leaders said the USDA notified them about the license on September 9. They are still awaiting an official certificate.
The license is required for the Jackson Zoo to fully reopen and show animals. The zoo has been open on a limited schedule since August 2020.
- MHSAA Playoff Basketball: Callaway, Forest Hill, St. Andrews, Clinton
- Byram Mayor Hopes Water Problem is Fixed by Monday
- Cemetery worker buried alive, dies after grave collapses
- Video shows burglars tunneling into Oregon stores to steal $10K in equipment
- Twitter announces ‘Super Follows,’ and not everyone is happy about it