JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The City of Jackson was granted an official exhibitor license for the Jackson Zoo from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
City leaders said the USDA notified them about the license on September 9. They are still awaiting an official certificate.
The license is required for the Jackson Zoo to fully reopen and show animals. The zoo has been open on a limited schedule since August 2020.
- Trick-or-Treat at the Two Mississippi Museums
- Woman accused impersonating prosecutor, attempting to drop her own case
- Man accused of stealing dying woman’s phone outside Anheuser-Busch brewery
- ‘Sign of the times’: Florida man stole backhoe, ran down Biden signs, police say
- Body of missing hip-hop artist found in car trunk after crash in Florida