VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Vicksburg District has temporarily closed the road over Arkabutla Dam at Arkabutla Lake, located in Tate and DeSoto counties in north Mississippi, to install new piezometers.
The piezometers will measure groundwater elevations, pore water pressures and other key metrics. The road closure is anticipated to take four-to-five weeks depending on weather conditions and other factors.
Traffic will be routed along the base of Arkabutla Dam until the installation is complete.
- McRib is back: McDonald’s fan-favorite available nationwide for first time since 2012
- Time may be running out to mail your ballot depending on where you live
- Oklahoma elementary school principal stands barefoot in rain to get kids in school
- Lil Wayne gets backlash after showing support for Trump
- Tracking the Tropics: Disturbance has 80% chance of developing over the Caribbean