VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – Vicksburg police arrested a Chicago man after a chase ended in a crash in Claiborne County. The incident happened just after 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 28.
Officers responded to the Circle K store on Highway 61 South for a reported domestic violence incident. They said Bonjara O’Quinn fled south on Highway 61 in a rented 2021 Nissan Rogue.
The chase entered Claiborne County, where the Nissan wrecked as it attempted to turn off of the highway and onto a side road. Police said O’Quinn suffered minor injuries. He was treated and released from Merit Health River Region.
O’Quinn was charged with one count of felony elude. He appeared in court on Monday, November 30. His bond was set at $50,000, and he was bound over to the Warren County Grand Jury.
Troopers of the Mississippi Highway Patrol and deputies of the Claiborne County Sheriff’s Office assisted in the apprehension.
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Nestlé recalls 762,000 pounds of pepperoni Hot Pockets
- Biden picks Rachel Levine as assistant health secretary
- Thief berated mom for leaving kid in car he stole, police say
- Mets general manager admits sending explicit texts and images to female reporter, report says