SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Brookhaven Pre-School Beginning on Thursday
- Oklahoma woman participates in COVID-19 trial so she can hug her grandchildren again
- Mississippi’s Most Challenging Holes: No. 1 at Bay Pointe
- Report: Twitter bans Trump campaign from tweeting over COVID misinformation