JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Wanda Evers, the daughter of the late civil rights leader Charles Evers, announced on Wednesday that she plans to run for mayor of Jackson next year.
Evers made the announcement on WMPR 90.1.
Mayor Chokwe A. Lumumba is also expected to run. He was elected in 2017.
The Jackson mayoral election is expected to take place in June 2021.
- Sports Zone O.T. part two: MAIS, MHSAA 3A highlights
- Sports Zone O.T. part one: 6A, 5A, 4A
- Keys to the Game: Panthers at Saints
- American Lung Association Announces ‘Vape-Free School Initiative’
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November