LOS ANGELES (KRON) – Tributes continue to pour in from around the world to honor the late, great Kobe Bryant, who was killed in a helicopter crash along with 8 other people Sunday.
Among the tributes – a heartwrenching rendition of “Amor Eterno” put on by a mariachi band outside the Staples Center.
The 1984 farewell ballad by Juan Gabriel is commonly played at funerals, memorials, and vigils.
“How I wish that you lived, that your little eyes never had closed, and to be looking at them… Love eternal and unforgettable, sooner or later I will be with you, to continue loving each other,” the lyrics translate to English.
Fans were so moved by the performance that soon afterward #AmorEterno started trending on Twitter.
- Clients unable to reach MDHS to recertify food stamps
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead
- Multiple people hospitalized after crash at intersection of Northside and McWillie Drive
- Focused on Mississippi: Historic items at Old Courthouse Museum
- Job numbers up in US, Biden says more needs to be done to help Americans