YAZOO COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi Delta received more snow during the Monday morning hours.
The roads are also wet, and there are reports of ice in some areas. If you have to drive, you are asked to use caution to avoid an accident.
In Jackson, about one to two inches of snow fell in some places.
In Rankin County, neighbors discussed their experiences with the snow.
“It was beautiful. It’s so rare in Mississippi, and we had no issues getting to work,” said Pam McClendon, who lives in Pear.
Another neighbor said, “Last night, I was out in it and didn’t expect it to come. So I went through the blizzard from Brandon to Pearl, but I made it. And I made it this morning, and we love it. And I know the kids are excited for being out.”
- Mexico has $1 million for ‘Dreamers’ in the U.S.
- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez responds to arrest of Capitol riot suspect who allegedly said ‘Assassinate AOC’
- Focused on Mississippi: Walter Anderson’s Oldfields
- Boom system installed south of the border to prevent trash from flowing into U.S.
- Belhaven University builds COVID-19 testing facility to test students every week