JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Abby Robinson & Associates Law Firm PLLC announced a Jackson police officer plans to sue the City of Jackson, along with Mayor Chokwe A. Lumumba and Chief James Davis.
Officer Martha Dee claimed her then Commander Donald Gater held her at gunpoint at the Jackson Police Department (JPD) in April 2019.
In documents provided by the law firm, Dee stated she filed a complaint with JPD. She said Chief Davis allowed Gater to retire instead of arresting or suspending him.
On Tuesday, Robinson held a news conference to announce she is representing other Jackson police officers who claim there is corruption in the department.
- Official: Chinese vaccines’ effectiveness low
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Florida woman, 20, electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Some GOP-led states target abortions done through medication