STARKVILLE, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi State women’s basketball team will not be competing in the 2020 Basketball Hall of Fame Women’s Challenge on November 28-29, 2020.
According to leaders, the event was canceled due to COVID-related circumstances. The Bulldogs were slated to play Maine on Saturday and then face either UConn or Quinnipiac on Sunday.
“Going into this season, we understood that things could change at a moment’s notice,” said head coach Nikki McCray-Penson. “Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, we are unable to compete in the Basketball Hall of Fame Challenge this weekend.”
The Bulldogs are scheduled to play New Orleans at Humphrey Coliseum on Wednesday, December 2, at 7:00 p.m.
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Nestlé recalls 762,000 pounds of pepperoni Hot Pockets
- Biden picks Rachel Levine as assistant health secretary
- Thief berated mom for leaving kid in car he stole, police say
- Mets general manager admits sending explicit texts and images to female reporter, report says