JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – On Tuesday, NFL Hall of Famer Deion Sanders held his first news conference as the head football coach of Jackson State University.
Sanders said his staff has been assembled for quite some time, and they’ve been taking part in Zoom calls for several weeks. He’s expected to announce his staff members soon.
When asked about recruiting against Mississippi State head football coach Mike Leach and Ole Miss head football coach Lane Kiffin, Sanders said, “I’m not recruiting against Mike Leach or Lane Kiffin… Read into that.”
Sanders also said they’re recruiting players they believe can play right away.
The coach will be traveling back to Texas soon to finish up the season coaching his son’s team at Trinity High School. His coaching staff will start getting to work in Jackson within the next few weeks.
- What the Trump children might do after the White House
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s Story
- Captain Ross retires from Hinds County Sheriff’s Office
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- Fewer than half of COVID-19 vaccines promised to Baja California will be delivered