AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Sports Zone O.T. part one: 6A, 5A, 4A
- Jackson State University violated rules, NCAA leaders say
- Raiders with no additional positive COVID tests
- Big Ten football is back after virus delayed start of season
- LPGA World Champ Jan Stephenson on golf and good health
- NFL, NFLPA are reviewing the Raiders’ recent COVID-19 issues
- Raiders game moved from Sunday night to Sunday afternoon
- WATCH: Alabama looks to extend historic ‘Third Saturday in October’ streak
- Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes, fiancée Brittany Matthews say they’re having a baby girl
- AP sources: Stan Van Gundy agrees to become Pelicans’ coach