AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- M-Braves announce 2021 season promotional calendar
- East Webster’s Cam’ron Jennings shatters state powerlifting record
- M-Braves continue discount program for first responders, military and veterans
- JSU’s spring football season is over after cancellation of Saturday’s game
- Inside Look: Jackson State practice
- Mississippi athletes will be able to earn money for likeness
- Rives named new Hinds CC baseball coach
- Single-game tickets for Mississippi Braves games go on sale Thursday
- Scottie Pippen’s son, Antron, dies at 33
- Laurel’s Brandon Moore selected in first round of PBA Draft