JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi High School Activities Association Executive Committee voted on Tuesday that the start of the Fall Sports season will be delayed two weeks.
Practice for volleyball, cross country and swim will start on August 10. The first meets and matches will be on August 24.
Football practice will begin on August 17. Opening games for football will start on September 4.
- Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame gets Brett Favre statue
- Woman says 4-foot snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in Colorado apartment
- Two suspected migrants found dead in surf near capsized panga boat
- Jackson Prep’s Coach Ricky Black is just seven wins away from the big 400
- Isaias regains hurricane strength; Carolinas brace for storm surge, floods