(AP) – The roars of the crowd will be missing from the Masters this year. Augusta National says it will not have spectators when the Masters is played two weeks before Thanksgiving. That means all three majors won’t have fans this year.
The silence will be most deafening at the Masters. The tournament is renowned for its roars on the back nine on Sunday.
Tiger Woods says when he won last year, it helped to look at leaderboards so that he could have a better understanding of what each cheer meant.
The Masters was moved from April to Nov. 12-15 because the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Beware of scam asking you for money to prove you’re owner of your home
- Mother of 4 beaten to death while working at Florida motel; husband finds her left for dead
- Teddy Dyess era underway in Ridgeland
- Former Sumrall star excited to be coaching in Hank Aaron Sports Academy event
- Jackson native Jaemyn Brakefield transfers to Ole Miss