JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – A Jackson sports tradition returns this week, but the Sanderson Farms Championship will look different this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The PGA tournament will tee off at the Country Club of Jackson, but there will be no spectators due to the virus. With no spectators this year, the championship launched the “All in For Children’s” mask campaign.
Practice rounds will start on Tuesday, and there will be a Pro-Am on on Wednesday. Round one will tee off on Thursday.
- Some Natchez students and teachers quarantined due to COVID-19
- Mississippi awarded more than $102K in Comprehensive Housing Counseling Grant funds
- New trailer for ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 released
- 730 new coronavirus cases, 31 additional deaths in Mississippi
- American Lung Association invites Mississippi schools to join vape-free schools initiative