RIDGELAND, Miss. (WJTV) – Ridgeland High School’s football game on Friday, October 30, has been canceled after three positive coronavirus cases within the football team. According to the Madison County School District, all members of the team will quarantine at home for 14 days.
The Titans had been scheduled to host Holmes County Central on Friday for the last regular game of the season. No game is scheduled for November 6. The quarantine period will end prior to the beginning of 5A division playoffs.
The RHS boys basketball team, currently preseason, is also affected by quarantine. The team’s practice and play is currently suspended while the team completes a period of home quarantine.
- U.S. students falling behind in math during pandemic, study finds
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the U.S. thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law
- Tips to protect against ‘porch pirates’ during the holiday shopping season
- Crews respond to house fire on Gertrude Drive