OXFORD, Miss. (WJTV) – Before their bowl win against Indiana on Saturday, Ole Miss announced a new contract for head football coach Lane Kiffin.
“This is an investment in the future of Ole Miss Football,” Vice Chancellor for Intercollegiate Athletics Keith Carter said. “We hired Coach Kiffin with the hope of revitalizing our football program, and in just one short year, he has done just that. His innovative offensive approach has shattered SEC records, and with a top-20 recruiting class coming in, the future is bright under Coach Kiffin’s leadership. We are committed to him and providing the resources necessary to elevate this program to greater heights.”
“I appreciate Keith’s leadership and his commitment to building a winning football program,” Kiffin said. “While I’m proud of what our team accomplished this season, we have higher aspirations for Ole Miss Football. This is just the start, and I look forward to continuing to build a championship program.”
The school says contract details have not been completed.
- President Biden signs executive order, with bipartisan support, to bolster US supply chains
- Woman jokes about unfortunate pre-pandemic tattoo that left her ‘mortified’
- Winter storms affect Hinds County farm
- Man arrested, charged with possession of narcotics in Madison
- $15 minimum wage: Where the debate and alternatives stand