STARKVILLE, Miss. (WJTV) – Atmos Energy announced Thursday that an expansion of
its natural gas service will take place in the City of Starkville.
Atmos Energy’s rural expansion program exists to provide natural gas service to neighbors that do not currently have access.
“MSU is extremely appreciative of the efforts of Atmos Energy and the Mississippi Public Service Commission in facilitating this extension of service that will greatly benefit the university, Starkville and Oktibbeha County,” said Mississippi State University President Mark Keenum.
“This project is a great example of the positive things that can happen when public entities and the private sector work together. Around 50 homes will now have access to natural gas service and the MSU Horse Park will see dramatic cost savings on their energy bills in the near future,” said Commissioner Presley.
- eBay workers who sent spiders to couple to plead guilty
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- The town of Swastika, NY chooses to keep its name
- Bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca
- Parents of autistic children push for reduced penalty for assaulting police