LEXINGTON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mississippi Move held a voter registration drive and food giveaway on Saturday in Lexington.
Community members were provided a chance to register to vote in time for the November election Food boxes were also passed out to those who attended.
Many people said they were grateful for the event.
“I think it’s a good thing they’re doing for the community. It’s hard times that we’re going through right now and once we pull together everything we will be fine.”
Mississippi Move will host a concertn and a voter registration in Jackson Saturday, September 27.
- Reports: Southern Miss interim football coach Scotty Walden resigns for new job
- Forrest County, Hattiesburg declare state of emergency ahead of Zeta
- Richland officer airlifted to hospital after chase ends in crash
- ESPN’s College GameDay to broadcast live from Augusta National Golf Club, showcasing fall Masters Tournament
- Madison officer injured after chase leads to crash in Jackson