HANCOCK COUNTY, Miss. (WHLT) – Leaders with the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) announced crews have deployed about 90,000 sandbags to the Mississippi coast.
The Hancock County Emergency Management Agency announced self-serve sand and sandbags will be available for neighbors beginning Thursday, June 17, at 3:00 p.m.
Neighbors are asked to bring their own shovel. If you need help getting the sandbags, contact the Hancock County EMA at 228-225-0942 or Hancock County Central Dispatch at 228-225-9191.
The sandbags will be available at the following locations:
- Hancock County Horse Arena – 4184 Kiln Delisle Road
- Old Hancock County Complex – 3068 Longfellow Drive
- Lakeshore Community Center – 6440 Lower Bay Road
- Bayside Fire Department – 6215 West Hinds Street
- West Hancock Fire Department – 16006 Washington Street
- Diamondhead City Hall – 5000 Diamondhead Circle
In Harrison County, the sandbags will be available at the following locations. Neighbors are asked to bring their own shovels.
In Jackson County, sandbags will be available at the following locations: