GAUTIER, Miss. (WJTV) – Hurricane Sally made landfall Wednesday morning as a Category 2 storm near Gulf Shores, Alabama.
In Mississippi, fire rescue teams from Gautier prepared to deploy to neighborhoods to check on homeowners in case they were trapped in there homes.
There are no reports of any injuries in Mississippi at this time.
Officials with the National Hurricane Center say Sally will cause dangerous flooding from Florida to Mississippi.
- Local Hattiesburg golfer Davis Riley to compete in Sanderson Farms Championship
- Sanderson Farms Championship Preview: Players to watch for
- Up to 20 Jackson Police Officers called out Tuesday as new raises come to department
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night