JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Hurricane Delta is expected to bring strong winds and heavy rain to the Jackson-metro area this weekend. Drivers could see fallen trees and powerlines Saturday morning.
Interim Hinds County EMA Director Joey Perkins said they’re preparing the department’s emergency equipment in order to respond to calls.
“Ahead of Delta coming, we’re making sure our equipment ready; our chainsaws, our highwater vehicles, our boats, the same thing we always do. And encouraging the public to be prepared with emergency equipment and have multiple ways to receive emergency warnings,” he stated.
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- 12 News Investigates: Are gun shows contributing to culture of violence?
- Jackson mother describes experience of not having water for weeks
- New Yorkers split if Governor Cuomo’s apology was sincere
- Biden draws ire as border apprehensions spike, migrants test positive for virus in South Texas