JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Due to damage from Hurricane Ida, some school closures in Mississippi have been announced for Tuesday, August 31.
- Brookhaven School District – Closed on Tuesday, August 31
- Hinds County Schools and Central Office – Closed on Tuesday, August 31
- Lawrence County School District – Closed on Tuesday, August 31
- McComb School District – Closed on Tuesday, August 31
- Pearl River Community College – Locations will remain closed on Tuesday, August 31
- Clinton Junior High School – A two-hour delay will be utilized for this campus only. Drop off will begin at 9:30 and classes will begin at 9:50. Students will report to their 1A class. Only Lovett students will be picked up at the regular scheduled morning pick up time and CJHS students who ride buses 52, 56, 57 and 58. All other CJHS routes will begin pick up at 9:00.
- Leake County School District – District will utilize a delayed start schedule on Tuesday, August 31, 2021. All offices, Leake Central Jr. High School, Leake Central High School, Leake County Elementary School, Leake County High School and the Career and Technical Center will open at 10:00 a.m. Leake Central Elementary School will remain virtual.
- Sanderson Farms – Processing plants in McComb, Mississippi, and Hammond, Louisiana will be closed on Tuesday, August 31
12 News will continue to update the list of cancellations as more are confirmed. Click here to keep up with the Storm Team 12 forecast ahead of Ida.