PASCAGOULA, Miss. (WJTV) – Mississippi Power reported 1,600 customers were without power as of 7:30 a.m.
The outages were reported in Pascagoula and Moss Point and were caused by Hurricane Sally. The storm made landfall in Alabama early Wednesday morning.
According to the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA), more than 7,000 people are without power in Jackson and George counties.
Click here to keep up with the restoration process.
- Local Hattiesburg golfer Davis Riley to compete in Sanderson Farms Championship
- Sanderson Farms Championship Preview: Players to watch for
- Up to 20 Jackson Police Officers called out Tuesday as new raises come to department
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night