PURVIS, Miss. (WHLT) – Local food suppliers in the Pine Belt start to see empty shelves as the area braces for the impact from two tropical storm systems.
Shoppers at Ramey’s in Purvis stocked up on supplies ahead of Tropical Storm Marco and Hurricane Laura.
“We had extra water come in on a delivery Saturday, and we pretty much have gone through it. People really didn’t know what the storm was gone do,” said John Harfield, manager of Ramey’s.
- Alabama native and Auburn grad Laurel Goldman competing on CBS’s ‘Love Island’
- PHOTOS: Remembering Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Justice Ginsburg’s ‘fervent’ last wish was to ‘not be replaced until a new president is installed,’ report says
- 59-year-old basic training grad set to join son’s Army unit
- Texas school district apologizes for ‘hero’ assignment listing accused Kenosha shooter