PASS CHRISTIAN, Miss. (WJTV) – With Hurricane Sally approaching the Gulf Coast, parts of Mississippi are experiencing the storm surge. There is flooding in Pascagoula and Pass Christian.
Hancock, Harrison, and Jackson counties are expected to see up to five feet of ocean surge above a two foot high tide.
Hurricane Sally’s forecast cone has shifted slightly east, with landfall now expected just east of the AL/MS state line Wednesday morning.
- Hurricane Ian death toll rises, the majority reported in Florida
- N. Korea fires missile over Japan; some residents warned to seek shelter
- OPEC+ production cut threatens gas price spike ahead of midterms
- Long-shot Scalise challenger includes the birth of her son in new ad
- Coyote wanders into middle school restroom in California