JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Sally has strengthened into a Category 1 hurricane, with winds of 85 mph.
The winds were measured by Hurricane Hunters flying the storm on Monday.
Sally is now expected to make landfall near the Mississippi coast as a Category 2 hurricane, with winds of 105 mph.
- TOUR: One-room schoolhouse renovated into home hits market in Indiana
- For 1st Black Pentagon chief, racism challenge is personal
- Political upheaval alters strategies in US abortion debate
- Insurers add food to coverage menu as way to improve health
- From presidents to faded stars, all welcomed by Larry King