HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WHLT) – The severe weather threat for Hattiesburg and much of the Pine Belt changed on Tuesday, after models showed Hurricane Sally moving further east.
The forecast was a sigh of relief. A few days ago, emergency officials were expected upwards of 20 inches of rain. Now, Forrest County is expected to receive two inches of rain.
Additionally, the Forrest County 361 Shelter will not open due to the shift in the forecast.
- Local Hattiesburg golfer Davis Riley to compete in Sanderson Farms Championship
- Sanderson Farms Championship Preview: Players to watch for
- Up to 20 Jackson Police Officers called out Tuesday as new raises come to department
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night