JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Subtropical Storm Alpha has formed off the coast of Portugal.
The storm has winds of 50 mph, and it’s expected to weaken Friday night.
This is the first Greek named storm in the Atlantic since January 6, 2006.
Tropical Storm Wilfred formed in the eastern Atlantic on Friday, using the last of the traditional names for tropical systems in a record setting Atlantic hurricane season.
- 7.5 magnitude earthquake strikes near Alaska, triggering tsunami warning
- Standing in the gap: grassroots efforts to tackle inequities in education
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline
- Putting the ‘X’ back in Mexico: Gigantic red sculpture getting a makeover in Juarez
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings